Smart PDF/A Scanner is a software allowing you to use your mobile phone or tablet PC as a portable scanner. The software automatically detects a document in a snapshot and converts it into a high-quality compact PDF/A file, using intelligent algorithms of image processing. These algorithms provide high-quality results within a wide range of shooting conditions. The whole procedure consists of the following steps:
|1. The user starts the application and shoots the desired document||2. The application automatically detects the edges of the document||3. The application restores the genuine geometry of the document||4. The user saves the processed document into a file of a proper format and transfers it to the place of storage|
The obtained results can be published in most cloud drives, sent via e-mail, or printed. Smart PDF/A Scanner can be used both by private users and by enterprises for processing documents and sharing them with colleagues, partners, and customers.
Examples of documents saved in different modes:
Unprocessed document snapshot – View (1 483 KB)
Original mode (PDF/A file with the original document image) – View (297 KB)
Normalized mode (PDF/A file with the result of automatic color correction) – View (289 KB)
B&W mode (a compact black-and-white document) – View (20 KB)
Smart Color mode (a color document created in accordance with the Smart PDF/A technology) – View (26 KB)
- Portable scanner for both printed and block-letter written documents;
- Friendly operation with both single-page and multiple-page documents;
- Automatic detection of the document edges and restoration of the genuine document geometry;
- Automatic color correction of images;
- Efficient image compression by means of the Smart PDF/A technology: the resultant file size is 8-9 times smaller than the common 90% quality JPEG;
- Support of the ISO standardized PDF/A format (ISO 19005:1-2005);
- Selectable modes of document saving (raw, color-corrected, compact Smart PDF/A, compact black-and-white).
After taking a photograph of a document, the software automatically detects the document edges and also automatically removes geometric and color distortions that arose in the course of photographing.
Special algorithms automatically fix flaws of color reproduction and shading in appropriate areas of the document.
Smart PDF/A Scanner supports 4 modes of document saving:
- Original – the created PDF/A file contains the original (raw) image of the document;
- Normalized – the created PDF/A file contains the result of automatic color correction;
- Smart Color – the created PDF/A file is a compact color document made in accordance with the Smart PDF/A technology;
- B&W – the created PDF/A file is a compact black-and-white document.
When the Smart Color mode is selected, the software uses a special Smart PDF/A compression technology based on the MRC approach in order to reduce the amount of stored and transferred information. This allows us to make the resultant file size 8-9 times smaller than the common 90% quality JPEG, keeping all the important features of the document, such as color signatures, stamps, and so on.
To save color electronic documents, the archive PDF/A-1b format is used, which is ISO standardized (ISO 19005:1-2005), allows creating compact electronic documents, and provides the same display of results on any devices under various software.
Devices and operating systems supported:
iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5с, 5s, iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad mini, iPod Touch (5th generation) with the Apple iOS operating system, versions 7.0 and higher.